The OBU must be returned in good condition (as well as the battery, the cable and the suction cups) in order to get your deposit refunded on the bank account that you have specified. Please note that Satellic refunds your deposit within 30 days after the reception of the returned OBU.
What should your OBU look like when you return it at a service point? (picture hereunder)
- OBU in good state,
- battery inside of the OBU,
- the 4 suction cups fixed on the OBU,
- cable wrapped around the OBU,
- red seal in the right bottom corner of the OBU hasn't been broken (see second picture)
Please DO NOT put the OBU inside of the plastic blister!
You can return your OBU either via the Road User Portal, either via a Service Point.
- If you want to return your OBU via a Service Point, we advise you to read our "Service Point Manual". Your deposit will be refunded once the old OBU (as well as the battery, the cable and the suction cups) has been returned in good condition and if a valid bank account (IBAN and BIC) number has been entered at the Service Point (or in the RUP). Your OBU will be automatically deactivated when inserted into the toll terminal.
- If you want to return your OBU via the Road User Portal, you first have to log into the Road User Portal and then to follow the return process. At the end of this process, you can choose to return the OBU via your local post office, (see "Checklist for good packaging" in the "What do you need?" section) or via the OBU pick-up service. Please note that the return address is indicated on the Road User Portal. We advise you to read our RUP Manual "Return your OBU" for more information.
If you chose a fixed installation, the seal of the battery compartment may be broken for replacing the external power cable and removing the battery (see picture hereunder).
You are only allowed to remove the rechargeable battery if you are required to do so due to safety regulations (ADR/ATEX transport).
If you want to exchange an OBU at a Service Point, you first need to order a new one against a €135 deposit, and you follow the return process as described at the Service Point or in the "Service Point Manual". Your deposit will be refunded at the latest 30 days after the old OBU (as well as the battery, the cable and the suction cups) has been returned in good condition and if a valid bank account (IBAN and BIC) number has been entered at the Service Point or in the RUP.