The OBU must be returned in good working order, undamaged and complete i.e. together with the battery, the power cable and the 4 suction cups of the OBU in order to get your full deposit reimbursed.
In accordance to the Satellic General Terms & Conditions and to the Satellic OBU Deposit Refund Policy, Satellic will independently assess with regard to the repayment of the OBU Deposit, and this decision, which will be communicated to the e-mail address you provided to Satellic, will be final and not be open for any appeal. If Satellic assesses that you have the right to a repayment of the OBU Deposit and if a valid bank account (IBAN and BIC) number has been entered at the Service Point or on the Road User Portal, your OBU deposit will be refunded within 30 days after the reception of the returned OBU.
What should your OBU look like when you return it through the Road User Portal? (picture hereunder)
- OBU is returned in good working order and undamaged,
- Battery is returned (and is placed inside of the OBU),
- the 4 suction cups are returned (and are fixed on the OBU),
- the original power cable is returned (and wrapped around the OBU),
- the red general seal (in the right bottom corner on the back of the OU) is not broken or missing (see second picture)
- the red seal of the battery compartment (in the middle on the back of the OBU ) is not broken (except if your OBU was fixed installed) or missing
Pack your OBU following the "Checklist for a Good Packaging" (in the "What do you need?" section hereunder) and ONLY use the address label that you have obtained on the Road User Portal!
- If you want to return your OBU via the Road User Portal, you first have to log into the Road User Portal and then to follow the return process. At the end of this process, you can choose to return the OBU via your local post office, (see "Checklist for good packaging" in the "What do you need?" section hereunder) or via the OBU pick-up service. Please note that the return address is indicated on the Road User Portal. We advise you to read our RUP Manual "Return your OBU" for more information.
- If you want to return your OBU via a Service Point, we advise you to read our "Service Point Manual".
If you chose a fixed installation, the seal of the battery compartment may be broken for replacing the external power cable and removing the battery (see picture hereunder).
You are only allowed to remove the rechargeable battery if you are required to do so due to safety regulations (ADR/ATEX transport).
If you want to exchange an OBU, you first need to order a new one against a €135 deposit, and then to follow one of the 3 possible ways to return the OBU (via the RUP for the OBU pick-up service or for a return via a post office, or you choose to bring the OBU to a Service Point yourself). Your deposit will be refunded once the old OBU (as well as the battery, the OBU cable and the suction cups) has been returned in good condition and if a valid bank account (IBAN and BIC) number has been entered in the RUP or at the Service Point.